Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A collection of Four Fall Flowers

These mums were planted in the spring as just a small "filler" of sorts.  I seriously had NO idea they would do so well, grow so big and be so beautiful come fall.  They are planted in the front garden at the base of the front porch and scah-ream "FALL IS HERE!"
Looove 'em.

Purple Asters.  I was given these by a very thoughtful lady in our church.  They are actually a split from another church garden.  Hmmm don't usually like to use the words "split" and "church" in the same sentence.
Well, these beauties came from Immanuel Lutheran church in Charlotte, Iowa.
(That's shar-LOT, not SHAR-let for all you non-locals)

So impatiens aren't generally considered fall flowers, but this one deserves some recognition.  I actually have had this plant since summer '09.  I over wintered a few and this guy survived them all.
Impressive Impatiens.  

Clematis.  This is the first year for this guy.  I can't wait to see what he does next year :)


That's it for now.  Almost time to put the garden to bed.  Still have some tulip bulbs to plant, and some delicate bulbs/tubers that need to be dug up and stored for winter.  I've never done that before... we'll see if it's worth the trouble!
Happy Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me: